Wednesday, May 15, 2013

New feed reader

Google Reader will be closing down soon and after looking through the alternatives I decided to try Feedly. It integrates perfectly with Google Reader such that the two of them are now running side by side in sync. I like Feedly, in fact am beginning to prefer it. It gives you a straightforward list of unread posts and also allows you to keep a post unread after reading it and to save a post for re-reading later. It may be that Google Reader had these functions too, if so I didn't find them. I also find the absence of scroll arrows in Google Reader (and other Google pages) highly annoying -- I wonder if this is just in Chrome or is it the same in other browsers? The only thing I haven't figured out is how to delete a feed. I have way too many and need to prune the list.

Mary Adam, A sketchbook page

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use Bloglovin because it's easier than having to subscribe with all the different sites that host blogs, podcasts etc. You can mark posts etc as 'read' but, similarly, there doesn't seem a way to actually delete the notifications.
I've downloaded Feedly just to give it a try.

Mary Adam said...

Hi Catherine -- I tried Bloglovin but didn't get on with it. Will be interested in how you find Feedly.