Sunday, December 27, 2009

Some figures

Subscribers to Drawing etc (email and RSS combined) = 60 (accurate figure), up from about 30 at the beginning of the year (a guess).

Blogs that I subscribe to = 24 (not counting the sidebar list and blogs I follow).

Total page views since Drawing etc started in August 2006 -- 30,969.

Due for a spring-clean = the OCA Bloggers list in the sidebar. Many of the photography blogs have not been updated in months.

Spring-clean already done = my studio. Hundreds of old drawings and paintings thrown out. No regrets.

Empty pages remaining in main sketchbook = 59, out of a total of 220. It's a thick hardcover 8.5 x 11" sketchbook, both sides of each page used. Photos of the filled pages are in private sets on Flickr. Not sure what this measures, perhaps how close I am to the end of my current course, though I'm less sure lately of being able to finish it at all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is funny how one tends to do house keeping when the topic of finishing the course comes into play. I too have been doing figures of late and completion seems a long way off.

Mary Adam said...

Hi Sheila . . . I wonder if the course is long or if it's the nature of level 3? Or a bit of both maybe?

Unknown said...

Hi Mary, Seasons greetings. Definitely a bit of both I think. In my case I think, that however much I love all of it; after nearly five years of studying sometimes I'm just bloody tired! I've needed some meeee and family time lately. This is a testing time for me. It must be extra difficult for you, are you not doing both modules?

Mary Adam said...

I started Advanced at the end of Nov 2008 and completed YOE in January this year so they overlapped for a few months. I too am feeling tired and understand how you are feeling. You're building up a good portfolio Sheila, maybe you could do with a week or two off?

Unknown said...

Its sounds as if you can see the light at the end of the tunnel,although there is always a lot to do when completing. I've had time off here and there and don't think I need a holiday but my routine has completely gone out of the window due to life changes . When that happens it doesn't seem to be finding time thats a problem but starting a good discipline again, however, I know I can. After coming so far it is impossible to stop.
Hope you have a happy new year Mary;)