Monday, July 29, 2013

A timer and a still life



This "count down/up" timer is useful for two things. First, the "count down" function is great for timing poses with a model. You set the time (e.g. 1 minute, 5 minutes), press Start and it rings when time is up so you don't have to be watching the clock. Second, the "count up" function is great for keeping track of my own time at work. It's especially useful for me because I'm incapable of keeping track of painting time in any other way. This method works and I use it every day in the studio. All I need to do is press the Start button when I go in and note the elapsed time when I wind up for the day. I'd like to have another one beside the computer.

The little oil painting below (7 x 5") is on eBay for the next 7 days: view it on eBay

Mary Adam, Still Life with Plumbago, oil on canvas board, 7 x 5"




No comments: